Applicants need to meet the following admission requirements
The Abroad at AU program aims to attract outstanding students from all over the world, through our partner institutions and organizations, who:
1. Are currently enrolled at the undergraduate level at a university outside the United States
2. Have completed one full-year of undergraduate studies
3. Have clearance to study abroad (or take a leave of absence) from their home institution
4. Fulfill one of the following English Language Requirements (see Quick Links for more information):
- Official TOEFL:(minimum scores: 80 IBT overall and at least 18 on each sub-section). We cannot accept institutional TOEFL results.
- IELTS:(minimum: 6.5)
- Pearson Test of English - Academic: (minimum score: 59).
- SAT I: Reasoning Test (minimum: 530 Verbal)
- SAT II: Subject Test (minimum: 970 English Language Proficiency)
- A grade of C or above in two academic English writing courses. This option is only available for students from the American University of Sharjah, the American University in Cairo, the American University of Beirut, and the American University of Nigeria (Yola).
All students who study in the United States with the Abroad at AU program come on a J1 "Exchange Visitor" visa.