The portal is a very helpful tool that will allow you to waive or view your health insurance, view your student account information, view your class schedule, and much more.
As a new student, you have access to many AU online resources through your secure personal Admitted Student Web portal: https://myau.american.edu. The first time you log into the portal, you will be able to run through a tutorial explaining its features and how to use them.
How do I create my Admitted Student Portal?:
- Open a Web browser and go to to the myau.american.edu site.
- At the bottom of the page select “Create a New Account.”
- Select the “I Am A Student” link
- Enter the required personal information, including your seven-digit AU ID that can be found under your name on your admissions letter
- Enter a password
The system will take a moment to create your account. Then proceed through the tutorial. Write down your username and password and keep them handy. Log back into the site using your new username (your AU email address before the @) and password.
Why is the portal important?
Take time to search through the portal and become comfortable with it. Almost all information about AU and your student account is accessible through this website. Some of the most important resources are:
LIFE @ AU
- University housing assignment: view the room and dorm you have been assigned to
- Health insurance: waive your health insurance
- Eagle Finance: current charges / current balance to be paid to American University
- My schedule: you can view your course schedule after you have been registered for classes
- Request change of address: ensure your home address is correct to receive your student bill
- Request proof of enrollment: if you need proof that you are enrolled at AU