The Politics, Policy, and Law (PPL) Scholars Program is a rigorous, multidisciplinary three-year program that brings together the complementary disciplines of the School of Public Affairs. The PPL program will introduce you to the principles, practices, and institutions of politics and law from quantitative and qualitative, philosophical, and social science perspectives.
This innovative, flexible three-year bachelor's cohort program will allow you to emphasize one or all of the constituent disciplines in your chosen course of study. You can major in Communications, Legal Institutions, Economics and Government (CLEG) in the department of Government or Law and Society in the department of Justice, Law and Society. The PPL program will prepare you for a challenging and successful career in government, law, public administration and policy, criminal justice, media, non-profits, or the like.
The benefits of the Politics, Policy, and Law Scholars Program include:
- Studying in a cohort of motivated, passionate students
- Completing original research and writing with top faculty
- Participating in year-round enrichment programs to enhance the PPL experience
- Pursuing special summer experiential learning opportunities
- Working with the program director and faculty mentors on academic and career goals
To apply, indicate your intention to submit a PPL application within the Academic section of American University's Common Application. You will then be required to submit one additional essay. You will be able to access that essay here in August 2014.