Day Visits are designed to give you a glimpse of the true college experience. You will have the opportunity to sit in on a class with a current American University student and have lunch in our dining hall. You may choose to take a tour and attend an information session or meet with an academic advisor in your school of choice.
We try to accommodate individual preferences but you may need to be flexible due to class and advisor availability.
If available, we have Day Visits for prospective freshmen and transfer students on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays throughout the fall and spring semesters. Please note that we do not offer day visits during the summer months, on any Wednesday, University holidays or special open house events on campus.
Fall day visits begins Monday, September 23 and ends December 2. No Day Visits will be offered October 11 due to Fall Break or October 25 due to Preview Day.
If you would like to sign up for our regularly scheduled tours and information sessions only, please visit here. Otherwise, to request the full Day Visit experience, please email email@example.com with the following information at least 2 weeks in advance of your visit:
- Full name of prospective student
- Year in school (junior, senior or transfer student)
- Preferred date of visit
- Times available to be on campus on selected date (from when to when)
- City and state of the prospective student's residence
- Cell phone number on which we may reach the prospective student the day of the visit
- Email address to which the itinerary should be sent
- Academic area/s of interest
- Which of the following components you would like as part of your visit:
- Information Session* (45 minutes)
- Campus Tour* (1 hour)
- Class Visit (1 hour and 15 minutes; only one class per visit)
- Lunch in the dining hall with a student host (45 minutes)
- If you are a senior in high school or a transfer student, and would like to meet with an academic advisor, please specify your preferred department.
*If you simply want to sign up for our regularly scheduled tours and information sessions, please visit here.
Once we have the above information, we will email you a confirmation of receipt within 48 hours, and a formal itinerary a week prior to the visit date.
We look forward to welcoming you to campus!