Calendar of Events
Autumn transform American University's beautiful campus and brings a full calendar of activities. We invite you to attend one of our vibrant fall events.
This series of half-day events provide an overview of all things AU and an introduction to our schools:
- Talk to faculty about opportunities in your intended major.
- Learn about academic programs, campus life, and special programs, including University Honors, University College, and Study Abroad.
- Get information about financial aid and merit scholarships.
- Tour campus with an AU student.
SHOWCASE AU OVERNIGHT (OPTIONAL)
Want to get a real feel for campus life? Spend the night before the event in a residence hall as the guest of an AU student.
Sign up for a day in the life at American University:
- Attend a class with a current student.
- Have lunch in a dining hall.
- Take a campus tour or attend an information session or meet with an academic advisor in your school of choice.
First stop is our state-of-the-art Admissions Welcome Center.
Immerse yourself in the AU experience with a multimedia presentation on everything from academics to campus life, internships to study abroad. Learn how AU people use inquiry, discovery, and knowledge to create meaningful change.
Preview Days are American University’s premier open house for prospective undergraduate
Self-Guided Campus Tour
If you are unable to attend a scheduled event, check out an iPad at Bender Library Technology Services desk and take a self-guided tour.
A Few Tips
Parking is available on site.
If you’re driving: see directions to campus
If you’re flying: Ronald Reagan National Airport is the closest airport. Other area airports are Dulles International and Baltimore Washington International.
Phone: 202-885-6000 (9 a.m.–5 p.m. ET)
Email: admissions @american.edu
Before you travel
Before you travel to American University, please call the university information line at (202) 885-1100 to confirm that the university is open and that events are proceeding as scheduled. University closures are posted on the homepage.
In the event of an extreme weather event, the admissions office may cancel prior to the closure of the university. In this event, we will contact registrants via e-mail and phone as well as post a notice on the event webpage.