Showcase AU is your opportunity to experience American University firsthand. Most programs feature an overnight opportunity that begins on the afternoon of the first day. The overnight is entirely optional.
Here are just some of the benefits of these programs:
- Spend the night on campus with a current AU student (optional)
- Hear from faculty about programs that interest you
- Learn about academic programs, campus life, and special programs such as University College and Study Abroad
- Tour the campus with a current AU student
Please note that overnight visits are limited to 50 students. Students may only register for one overnight/Showcase program.
Parents are welcome to join students for Showcase AU programming the day following the overnight visit.
Below please find the Showcase and Overnight opportunities for Fall 2015. The optional overnight opportunity occurs the first date listed, while the Showcase day-programming occurs on the second date.
October 22-23, 2015
College of Arts & Sciences
October 25-26, 2015
Honors and Scholars Programs
November 1-2, 2015
Kogod School of Business
School of International Service
(The November 1 Overnight Program is full but you may still register for the Showcase program on November 2)
November 5-6, 2015
Multicultural Overnight and Showcase
November 8-9, 2015
Preprofessional Overnight and Showcase
Students may only register for one Overnight/Showcase program. Please use your prospective student portal to register for an overnight or Showcase AU event. NOTE: If you are participating in an overnight program, please be sure to register for the accompanying Showcase event.
Checklist for Overnight Participants
For students participating in an overnight, below please find a list of items to bring for your overnight stay. Please be sure to check the weather before your trip and bring proper attire (e.g., rain jacket, sweater).
- Sleeping bag (you will be sleeping on the floor of your host's room - think of it as camping indoors!)
- Pajamas and clothes for next day
- Personal toiletries (i.e., toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)
- Towel and shower slippers/flip flops
- Money (for any snack or souvenir purchases or Metro trips)