The new American.edu is one of the most vibrant, dynamic online destinations in all of higher education. But don’t just take our word for it. In July, the site won the eduStyle Higher-ed Web Award for Best Overall Web Site. AU was the choice of both the judges, and the people who voted on eduStyle.com.
Among some of the highlights at www.american.edu:
- The Discover AU virtual tour won the eduStyle Best Use of Interactive Multimedia and Video award
- What’s going on at AU? Consult the university calendar.
- American Today. Stay up-to-date with campus and professional news, AU features, and links to faculty and student blogs.
- Become a fan of AU on Facebook and join the conversation.
Now that you’ve read the issue, here are a few recommendations related to this edition’s features:
- Back on My Feet
- The musical world of John Wineglass
- Baltimore Police Department Major Terry McLarney was a major player in David Simon’s brilliant book and television series, Homicide. Read the book online.
- McLarney played football for AU in 1973 and ’74. Read about AU’s pigskin teams and browse other old stories at the Eagle’s online archives.
- Access American magazine’s archives.
If our stories have inspired you to hop on I-95 and visit our neighboring cities to the north, you’ll be hungry when you get there. A few tips on where to nosh when you arrive.
- Fat, meaty, and sweet crab cakes at Faidley Seafood in Baltimore
- Philly’s famous gooey cheesesteaks