Faculty, students, and staff are invited to see what’s new in the library after a very busy summer:
- New second floor furniture was added for more relaxed study and many new electric outlets will provide more laptop support.
- Two Bloomberg terminals, one of the most powerful business resources, were purchased through a partnership with the Kogod School of Business.
- Older laptops in the circulating collection area were replaced, and the large public printers were replaced and upgraded.
- Flat screen monitors were added in media services and the streaming video collection was expanded.
- Cataloging staff added ALADIN records for more than 2,000 titles located at the Visual Media Center (Katzen Arts Center ) in order to make those materials easier for the campus community to find.
- Some academic technology services formerly managed by CTRL transferred to the Library:
Jim McCabe, campus manager of Blackboard and Wimba, and his support group are now housed in Bender, room 321. The group assists faculty with those and other academic technology, including equipment available for checkout at the library technology services desk, lower level.
The new media center for video production has also moved to library media services. AV services for classroom and event support remain in the Anderson Computing Center and are now under library management. Academic media services (iTunesU) also has joined the library.
All faculty are invited to the annual Faculty Lunch on September 8, 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.