Transcript requests must be made to the Registrar's Office. You may now request transcripts online through your student portal http://myau.american.edu if you are a currently enrolled student. On the my.american.edu portal, go to Academics under Personalized Links - open Request Official Transcript (AU Students). This will allow you to review the transcript before submitting the request. You can make sure that your grades and/or graduation comment appears on the transcript before ordering. Please Note: An Official Transcript is sealed and signed by the University Registrar.
General Instructions for Requesting an Official Transcript:
- Currently enrolled students: May request an official transcript online via myau.american.edu. You will need to know your student ID and password to access your my.american.edu account.
- Former students: Must download and print a transcript request form. (This form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click here to download the reader.) After you fill in the information please bring the form to AU Central (Asbury Building) or fax it to the number below.
- Fax your written request for your official transcript to: Transcripts -- (202) 885-1016.
- Mail your request to: Office of the Registrar Attn:Student RecordServices, 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. 20016-8064.
- You may also come into AU Central and fill out the transcript request form in person. (If your request is in by 10AM, you will be able to pick-up the transcript after 3PM.
- Law Students: Transcript requests (official or unofficial) submitted through Eagle Eye will be prepared as soon as the Law School Registrar's Office receive them, usually that is within 3 working days. Urgent requests should be submitted directly to the Law School Registrar.
- If you have any questions please call 202-885-2022 or visit their Web site at: http://www.american.edu/american/registrar/transcripts/transcripts.htm to download a request form.