The Employer-in-Residence (EiR) program brings together students and recruiters/representatives with EiR partner organizations for pre-scheduled appointments.
These sessions offer students the opportunity to meet with representatives in a one-on-one setting for learning and networking. All EiR sessions will be posted in AU CareerWeb and degree-seeking students in CAS, SIS, SOC, and SPA are eligible to participate. Appointments are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Appointment slots will open at 9:00 AM approximately two weeks prior to the organization's visit. Details of when slots become available are posted in the event description. Business casual dress is required.
How to sign-up for a time slot:
1. Log into AU CareerWeb *Before you can sign up for a time slot, you must have an updated, default resume saved in your “My Documents” folder.
2. Find upcoming EiR events: Click > Jobs & Internships > All Jobs & Internships. In the search box type “Employer-in-Residence.” Click > Search. All current Employer-in-Residence events will populate, listing the particular organization in the title.
3. Select the EiR event that interests you. The right column, “Schedule Details,” identifies the date and time that slots open and close. As a rule, all slots open for registration at 9:00am two weeks before the date of the organization’s campus visit.
4. Remember to log in on the date and time that the slots open to select a slot. On the right column under “Application Status” click > “Apply” to select a slot. You will receive a confirmation and reminders once you’ve secured a slot.
- These sessions are not recruiting in nature, rather they are a chance for those that are interested in particular programs, applying to specific jobs, or interested in learning more about how their skill set might apply to the organization, to learn from the organization's representative.
- The system will repeat the word “interview” as a system word, and these are housed in On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) to manage the event. However, these are not formal interviews.
- You will need to have an updated resume saved as a default document in your account under “My Documents” before you can sign up for a time slot. These resumes are sent to the employer ahead of their visit.
- Most organizations will allow all non-Kogod students in the various majors and degree programs, but there are instances where restrictions apply. Those restrictions will be listed under the “Application Status.”
- Remember to mark your calendar for the registration window! If all slots are filled by the time you log in to sign up, consider adding your name to the waitlist. Very popular organizations will fill up within the first few minutes of opening.
- We suggest business smart/business professional attire for your meeting. The general rule of thumb is to be more dressed up than the representative with whom you are meeting. Plan ahead, dress to impress, and make a great first impression!