Graduate Admissions Events
The Graduate Admissions Office holds multiple events on campus throughout the year. In addition, graduate admissions staff travel to graduate school fairs across the country to answer questions about the programs offered at the College.
Graduate Studies Day Events
Join the College of Arts and Sciences for an exploration of graduate school. Graduate Studies Day gives prospective students an opportunity to meet with faculty, current students, and graduate admissions staff to learn more about our graduate programs and what it's like to be a student in the College. Individuals meet with faculty in their prospective department to learn about the program they're interested in and get a clear understanding of the degree requirements. A complimentary meal will be served followed by presentations covering merit awards, financial aid, and opportunities offered within the College. All Graduate Studies Day attendees receive an application fee waiver.
The next Graduate Studies Day events will take place:
- Friday, September 26, 2014 at 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Register online.
- Thursday, October 2, 2014 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. Register online.
Graduate School Fairs
Our admissions staff travels to multiple graduate school fairs during the year to meet with prospective students typically during the fall.
- University of DC, Sept. 17
- Morgan State University, Sept. 17
- Virginia Tech, Sept. 22
- James Madison University, Sept. 23
- University of Virginia, Sept. 24
- William & Mary, Sept. 25
- Mary Washington, Sept. 30
- Colby College, Oct. 6
- Bates College, Oct. 7
- Bowdoin College, Oct. 7
- Duke University, Oct. 20
- Penn State University, Oct. 21
- UNC - Chapel Hill, Oct. 21
- Elon University, Oct. 22
- East Carolina University, Oct. 23
- DC Idealist - Convention Center, Oct. 28
- Franklin & Marshall, Oct. 28
- Bowie State, Oct. 29
- Gettsyburg College, Oct. 29
- Dickinson College, Oct. 30
- Rutgers University, Nov. 5
- Temple University, Nov. 6