Undergraduate Certificate in Arab Studies
Admission to the Program
Open to undergraduate degree and nondegree students.
- 29 credit hours of approved course work with at least 15 credit hours at the 300-level or above with grades of C or better.
- Grades of C- or D in certificate program courses are not accepted toward the fulfillment of certificate requirements, although these grades will be included in the calculation of the GPA. Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA in certificate courses in order to be awarded a certificate. Students in certificate programs must take a minimum of 6 credit hours during each 12-month period and complete the certificate in four years. International students must enroll in 12 credit hours each semester (except for summer). A maximum of 6 credit hours earned at an accredited college or university may be applied toward the certificate as transfer credit.
- SIS-245 The World of Islam 3:2 (3)
- SOCY-225 Arab Societies 3:2 (3)
- Five courses from the Arab studies approved course offerings with at least one course from SIS and one course from either ANTH, ECON, GOV, HIST, or SOCY
- Two courses from the following with grades of C or better:
- ARAB-102 Arabic Elementary I (4)
- ARAB-103 Arabic Elementary II (4)
- ARAB-202 Arabic Intermediate I (4)
- ARAB-203 Arabic Intermediate II (4)