2014 Conference Hotels
Two local hotels (within 2 miles of AU) have offered special conference rates:
Holiday Inn Georgetown: $109/night
2101 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington DC 20007
Offers a shuttle to the American University campus during day hours,
but guests will need cabs at night.
Reservations (available at conference rate through September 30):
- 1-877-531-2705: ask for the Feminist Art History Conference 2014, block code SAU.
- Holiday Inn Online Reservation Link (preset to conference rate and code).
Courtyard Marriott Hotel: $119/night
5520 Wisconsin Ave, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Metro Accessible: Red Line, Friendship Heights (35-45 min. to RR National Airport)
Parking: $15 per night.
No shuttle, but one block from Friendship Heights Metro station, which is one stop north of the AU metro stop at Tenleytown. Guests can take AU shuttle (free) to campus or walk (about 1 mile).
Reservations (conference rate available through October 1):
- Call Marriott Central Reservations at 1-888-856-6992, and ask for 2014 Feminist Art History Conference by name and date.
- Call hotel reservations department (301-656-1500 Extension 7000), Monday-Friday 7:00-3:30, and ask for 2014 Feminist Art History Conference.
- Mariott Online Reservation Link (preset to conference rate)