The Department of Performing Arts offers a small number of competitive fellowships for qualified graduate applicants who meet certain requirements:
- Complete applications must be received by January 15.
- Minimum average undergraduate grade point average, calculated on the last 60 credits, of 3.0 for consideration.
- You should indicate interest in fellowships in personal statement and check the box on the application indicating you are interested in such awards.
The Department of Performing Arts at American University also offers several opportunities to work for additional financial support in hourly wages. Examples of some of these positions include:
- AU Museum Assistantship
- Box Office Manager, Greenberg Theatre
- Recruitment Coordinators
- Orchestra Manager and Chorus Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Recital/Concert Manager
- Technical Theatre and Design Assistant, Greenberg Theatre
- Arts Management Fellow
- Grants/Development Assistant
- Production Coordinator, Greenberg Theatre
- Music Theory Assistant
NOTE: All applicants must be admitted to American University as full-time students in the MA in Arts Management and must be eligible for financial aid. All Graduate Fellowships are subject to final budgetary approval.
For more information about these graduate fellowship positions, please contact the program director.
For more information about graduate students work opportunities within the Department of Performing Arts, please contact the Administrative Coordinator.