Certificate in International Arts Management
- 18 credit hours of approved course work with at least 6 credit hours at the 600-level or above with grades of C or better. Grades of C- or D in certificate courses are not accepted toward the fulfillment of certificate requirements, although these grades will be included in the calculation of the GPA. Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA in certificate courses in order to be awarded a certificate.
- Students in certificate programs must take a minimum of 6 credit hours during each 12-month period and complete the certificate in four years.
- International students must enroll in 9 credit hours each semester (except for summer).
- A maximum of 3 credit hours earned at an accredited college or university may be applied toward the certificate as transfer credit.
The program is designed to customarily be completed in one academic year. Coursework includes classes in arts management, international cultural management, international cultural policy, public diplomacy, and cross-cultural communication. A rigorous course of study, the certificate culminates in a Capstone course, in which students complete a final juried project that integrates theory and practice in international arts management and contributes to the field of international arts management through creative and informed problem solving.
- PERF-570 Survey of Arts Management (3)
- PERF-596 International Cultural Management (3)
- PERF-690 Independent Study in the Performing Arts (3)
- SIS-642 Intercultural Relations (3)
- SIS-628 Public Diplomacy (3)
- SIS-645 International Communication and Cultural Policy (3)