Search CLEAR's Resource Collection
Our materials are available to be checked out to any American University student, staff, or faculty member or used in-site if they are non-circulating items. In order to borrow any of the circulating items in the collection all you need is your AU ID.
The Center for Language Exploration, Acquisition and Research (CLEAR) officially became a partner collection of the American University Library in the fall of 2011. CLEAR holds approximately 1,500 Foreign Language items which include films, textbooks, audio books, workbooks, dictionaries and self-teaching materials.The collection is searchable through the WRLC catalog.
We welcome suggestions for new materials - just contact us and let us know what you'd be interested in. We are always looking to expand the collection, so if you have materials related to language or linguistics that you would like to donate, please contact us or stop by the Center. Contributions to our collections are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- Books –The majority of the collection can be checked out for 14 days, with the exception of reference items, which circulate for 2 hours. Books must be renewed in person.
- DVDs –7 day checkout - DVDs must be renewed in person; a maximum of 3 DVDs per series can be borrowed at any one time.
- AU students, faculty and staff can obtain and return the materials within CLEAR.
- Any fines accrued must be paid at the Bender University Library Circulation Desk.
The collection is housed in Asbury Hall, North Wing, Basement Level. Normal hours of operation during the semester are as follows:
- Monday-Thursday 9:00am-9:00pm
- Friday 9:00am-5pm
Please check our home page for current information about summer and holiday hours.