Graduate Certificate in Environmental Assessment
Admission to the Program
Open to students with a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Students must have completed the following prerequisite courses: calculus, statistics, and organic chemistry.
- 15 credit hours of approved course work with at least 6 credit hours at the 600-level or above, with grades of C or better
- Grades of C- or D in certificate program courses are not accepted toward the fulfillment of certificate requirements, although these grades will be included in the calculation of the GPA. Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA in certificate courses in order to be awarded a certificate. Students in certificate programs must take a minimum of 6 credit hours during each 12-month period and complete the certificate in four years. International students must enroll in 9 credit hours each semester (except for summer). A maximum of 3 credit hours earned at an accredited college or university may be applied toward the certificate as transfer credit.
- CSC-610 Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (3)
- ENVS-575 Environmental Risk Assessment (3)
- ENVS-580 Environmental Science I (3)
- ENVS-581 Environmental Science II (3)
- STAT-514 Statistical Methods (3)