Department of Psychology
Additional Positions at AUDirector of Clinical Training
- Dr. Gunthert’s program of research focuses on the influence of everyday stress and coping on depression, anxiety, and psychotherapy outcomes. Specifically, she has used intensive daily monitoring techniques to address how everyday mood regulation variables, including coping strategies and emotional reactivity to stress, are associated with the presence, development, and maintenance of depressive symptoms.
DegreesPhD, Clinical Psychology, University of Delaware
MA, Psychology, University of Delaware
BA, Psychology, Catholic University of America
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- Wenze, S., Gunthert, K., Forand, N., & Laurenceau, J. P. (in press). The influence of dysphoria on reactivity to naturalistic fluctuations in anger. Journal of Personality.
- Cohen, L., Gunthert, K., Butler, A., Parrish, B., Wenze, S., & Beck, J. S. (2008). Negative affective spillover from daily events predicts early response to cognitive therapy for depression. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 76, 955-965.
- Friedman-Wheeler, D., Haaga, D. A. F., Gunthert, K. C., Ahrens, A. H., & McIntosh, E. (2008). Depression, neuroticism, and expectancies for engagement and disengagement coping among cigarette smokers. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 32, 105-115.
- Gunthert, K. C., Conner, T., Armeli, S., Tennen, H., Covault, J., & Kranzler, H. (2007).The serotonin transporter polymorphism (5-HTTLPR) and anxiety reactivity in daily life: A daily process approach to gene-environment interaction. Psychosomatic Medicine, 69, 762-768.
- Wenze, S., Gunthert, K, & Forand, N. (2007). The influence of dysphoria on positive and negative cognitive reactivity to daily mood fluctuations. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 45, 915-927.
- Gunthert, K. C., Cohen, L. H., Butler, A. C., & Beck, J. S. (2007). Depression and next-day spillover of negative mood and depressive cognitions following interpersonal stress. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 31, 521-532.
- Cohen, L. H., & Gunthert, K. C., Butler, A. C., O’Neill, S. C., & Tolpin, L. H. (2005). Daily affective reactivity as a prospective predictor of depressive symptoms. Journal of Personality, 73, 1-27.
- Gunthert, K. C., Cohen, L. H., Butler, A., & Beck, J. (2005). Predictive role of daily coping and affective reactivity in cognitive therapy outcome: Application of a daily process design to psychotherapy research. Behavior Therapy, 36, 77-88.
- Gunthert, K. C., Cohen, L. H., & Armeli, S. (2002). Unique effects of depressive and anxious symptomatology on daily stress and coping. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 21, 583-609.
- Gunthert, K. C., Cohen, L. H., & Armeli, S. (1999). Role of neuroticism in daily stress and coping. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 77, 1087-1100.