World Languages and Cultures
- Professor Linville has extensive experience as an administrator and instructor in English language and TESOL programs. She has also served as an English Language Specialist with the U.S. Department of State, building on her prior English Language Fellow experience in Panama and Indonesia where she was an EFL teacher and teacher-trainer. While currently a PhD student in the Language, Literacy and Culture program at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Professor Linville holds a Master’s degree in Instructional System Design (ESOL/Bilingual emphasis) from the same university. Her research interests include the internationalization of education, international student adjustment, the use of digital stories for language and cross-cultural education, and cultural sensitivity of ESL/EFL educators.
DegreesPhD (in progress), Language, Literacy and Culture, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
MA, Instructional Systems Design: ESOL/Bilingual Education emphasis, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
BA, Spanish, Truman State University
- CAS - World Languages and Cultures
- McKinley - 156
FOR THE MEDIA
To request an interview for a
news story, call AU Communications
at 202-885-5950 or submit a request.
Partnerships & Affiliations
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- “Language, Culture and Digital Stories in ESL Instruction,” International TESOL Convention, 2010
- “Imagining Each Other’s Worlds through Digital Storytelling,” International TESOL Convention, 2009
- “Innovative Ways of Using New Media in Student-Centered Collaborative Projects,” EuroCALL, 2009
- “Negotiating Culture through Digital Stories,” New Media Consortium, 2009
- “The Globalization of Language Teacher Education Programs: Opportunities and Challenges ,” Language Teacher Educator Conference, 2009
- “Connecting Teachers through ‘Nicenet’ for Professional Development,” International TESOL Conference, 2008
- “Global Changes Through Strategic Planning and Vision,” International TESOL Conference, 2007
- Linville, H. (2006) The Three-Ring Classroom. Essential Teacher (3) 4.