Chemist in Residence
Department of Chemistry
Dr. Hirzy is Chemist In Residence in CAS's Chemistry Department.
PhD, Chemistry, University of Missouri
BS, Chemistry, University of Missouri
DOWNLOAD CV (PDF)
- CAS - Chemistry
- Beeghly - 312
(202) 885-1780 (Office)
(202) 885-1752 (Fax)
FOR THE MEDIA
To request an interview for a
news story, call AU Communications
at 202-885-5950 or submit a request.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
- EPA Silver and Bronze Medals (1983,1987,1998)
- Sigma Xi (1962)
- Woodrow Wilson Fellow (1958)
- Phi Beta Kappa (1958)
- “Fluoridation Risks.” Presentation to Palm Beach (FL) County Council. August 23, 2003.
- “Fluoride and Environmental Protection.” Lecture. International Society for Fluoride Research.Dunedin, New Zealand. January 25, 2003.
- “Fluoridation: Right or Wrong.” Lecture. International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology. Orlando, FL. April 22, 2002.
- Invited Testimony on Fluoridation, U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, Subcommittee on Fisheries, Wildlife and Water on behalf of NTEU Chapter 280. June 29, 2000.
- “Why EPA’s Union of Professionals Opposes Fluoridation,” May 1, 1999
- “Principles of Scientific Integrity,” adopted as EPA’s code of professional ethics, November, 1999.