Minor in History
The history minor consists of seven history courses in U.S., European, and world history. The history minor allows students to select three elective courses to tailor the coursework to their interests. Students must complete 21 credit hours with grades of C or better and with at least 12 credit hours unique to the minor and at least 12 credits at the 300-level or above.
- One course in ancient or medieval history (any area of the world, focusing on premodern era)
- One course in Asian, Middle Eastern, Latin American, or
- One course in European history
- One course in United States history
- Additional courses to make a total of 21 credit hours in history. With department approval, up to 6 credit hours earned from Advanced Placement (AP) and/or International Baccalaureate (IB) examinations in history may be counted toward this requirement.