Mathematics MA Degree Requirements
- 30 credit hours of approved graduate course work including thesis or nonthesis option requirements
- Tool of research: proficiency in Russian, German, French, or an approved computer language
- Written comprehensive examination in mathematics
- Research requirement:
- Thesis option: MATH-797 Master’s Thesis Research in Mathematics (6) and an oral defense of the thesis
- Nonthesis option: MATH-690 Independent Study Project in Mathematics (3) (topic to be chosen in consultation with a faculty member) requiring an oral and written presentation of the research work and 3 credit hours in approved graduate-level independent research, seminar, or research course.
- All course work for the thesis or nonthesis option must be completed with grades of B or better.