Professional Science: Quantitative Analysis (MS)
Admission to the Program
In addition to meeting the minimum university requirements for graduate study, applicants must have taken undergraduate science courses appropriate to the concentration, or have significant practical background in a relevant science area. Accumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) is required. Specific courses needed to prepare for entering the program will be identified through interviews with the applicant.
- 33 credit hours of approved graduate coursework.
- Capstone Experience: 6 credit hours in approved 600-level courses, with grades of B or better.
- Students participate in noncredit workshops and seminars on professional skills and current issues in science and technology. Students are required to demonstrate proficiency in these areas as part of the capstone project, internship, and compulsory presentation.
Core (6 credit hours)
Management and Business Skills (6 credit hours)
Complete 6 credit hours from the following:
- MGMT-611 Leading and Managing Change (3) (3)
- MGMT-633 Leading People and Organizations (3) (3)
- MGMT-634 Leading Teams in Modern Organizations (3) (3)
- MGMT-665 Negotiations (3) (3)
Quantitative Analysis Concentration (15 credit hours)
Complete 15 credit hours from the following:
- STAT-516 Design of Experiments (3) (3)
- STAT-517 Special Topics in Statistical Methodology (3) (3)
- STAT-519 Nonparametric Statistics (3) (3)
- STAT-520 Applied Multivariate Analysis (3) (3)
- STAT-521 Analysis of Categorical Data (3) (3)
- STAT-522 Time-Series Analysis (3) (3)
- STAT-584 Introduction to Stochastic Processes (3) (3)
- STAT-605 Introduction to Survey Sampling (3) (3)
- STAT-625 Statistical Software (3) (3)
- STAT-630 Mathematical Statistics I (3) (3)
- STAT-631 Mathematical Statistics II (3) (3)
Capstone Experience (6 credit hours)
- STAT-690 Independent Study Project in Statistics (1-6) (1-6) (3 credit hours required)
- STAT-691 Internship in Statistics (1-6) (1-6) (3 credit hours required)