All students who audition for before the faculty audition panel, either in person or by audio recording, will automatically be considered for scholarships awarded by the AU Music Program. Scholarships are principally awarded to majors, but special consideration is made for exceptional non-majors and minors. Awards range from one thousand to several thousand dollars, depending on funding availability and program needs. Awards include:
- General Music Scholarships: For all majors, minors, and non-major ensemble performers
- Esther Ballou Memorial Scholarships: For music students
- David Wainhouse Memorial Scholarships: For undergraduate students in music
- The Mary Howe-Hans Kindler Memorial Scholarship: For music student assistance in composing, playing, or service to the program
- The Lylian Evans String Scholarship: Awarded annually to a major in string performance
The faculty makes consideration for scholarships each spring and initial award offers are made usually no later than mid-April. For more information, please call Music Program Director, Nancy Jo Snider at 202-885-3872.