On-Line Resources for Graduate School
Every piece of information publicly available about every graduate program in physics, astronomy and many related fields is here.
National Science Foundation
Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP)
This link takes you to some program announcements for scholarships and other programs to fund your graduate education. There may be other funding opportunities at NSF, surf around here:
American Institute of Physics Career Center
Some graduate programs recruit graduate students here! You will have to "View All Results" and then "Search within Results" to find them.
American Society for Engineering Education
Another clearing house for undergraduate and graduate fellowships.
Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
The general test is required by most graduate schools in any discipline and the physics subject test is required by most physics graduate programs.
Programs Where Recent AU Physics Graduates Enrolled
- Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan
- Biophysics, University of California at Berkeley
- Medical School, King's College London
- Astronomy and Astrophysics, U. Arizona
- Systems Engineering, U. Virginia
- Mechanical Engineering, I. Iowa
- Applied Physics, U. Northern Iowa
- Applied Math, Florida State
- Physics, U. Georgia
- Physics, Kent St.
- Physics, Johns Hopkins
- Physics, UC Davis
- Astronomy, U. of New Mexico
- Chemistry, Rice U.
- Electrical Engineering, Duke. U.
- Astronomy, U. Toledo
- Computer Science, American University
- Architecture, U. New Mexico
- Aeronautical Engineering, U. Arizona