American University’s master’s degrees in the professional sciences provides students with the tools to pursue and enhance their careers in the following:
through the Department of Biology
- Environmental Assessment
through the Department of Environmental Science
- Quantitative Analysis
through the Department of Math & Statistics
These two-year interdisciplinary degrees blend coursework in the applied science and management to equip students with the skills industry and agencies within government demand. Students enrolled in the program will:
- Master science courses in one of the above listed subjects
- Take business classes that highlight management, entrepreneurship, and innovation with the Kogod School of Business, recently ranked a top business school in the US by Fortune magazine
- Complete an internship at a local company or government agency
- Contend with "real life" problems and projects in a capstone team environment
- Attend professional skills development workshops and classes
The Washington, DC, area is the intersection of science, industry, and government within the United States. These key players bring scientific innovation to the American public. Our program provides students with the necessary technical skills to be successful in science and the practical skills they need to navigate its intersection with business and government.
Faculty and students say what sets this program apart from others.