for Health Promotion
The International Institute for Health Promotion, founded at American University in Washington DC in 1996, is a global cooperative comprised of select academic institutions, national and multinational corporations, private foundations and professional associations, and world thought leaders in the Health Promotion. The primary focus of the International Institute for Health Promotion (IIHP) is the continued education, development, and advancement of the current and future professionals that reside within the Health Promotion and Health Promotion Management fields throughout the world.
Mission and Strategic Objectives
The mission of the International Institute for Health Promotion (IIHP) is to strategically maximize the intellectual resources of select institutions, private sector organizations, and informed individuals so as to continually enhance and advance the educational preparation and training of Health Promotion professionals. The IIHP will accomplish this through the facilitation and development of collaborative educational strategies, focused research and public and private sector initiatives and partnerships.
The membership of the IIHP is dedicated to fulfilling the organization's Mission through the successful development and implementation of the following five strategic objectives:
- To develop and recommend core curricula content for preparation of current and future health promotion professionals.
- To develop, recommend and offer continuing educational programs for health promotion professionals.
- To develop a research agenda along with appropriate methodologies to advance the evidence base of quality Health Promotion programs.
- To develop and coordinate international exchange opportunities for students, faculty, and professionals within the field of Health Promotion.
- To encourage and assist countries and public and private sector organizations in the development and implementation of health promotion policies and programs.