- Students will demonstrate a command of one or more sociological theories and corresponding relevance to the research area by using theory to analyze research findings, or by using research findings to extend, create or critique sociological theory.
- Students will demonstrate a command of the logic of social research by writing a literature review; designing an original research project; applying analytical skills to pretest data and writing a conclusion that situates the findings within the contexts of one or more theories and the literature review.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to use ASA style, and structure a formal research paper.
- Students will demonstrate a command of sociological theories and their relevance for social research.
- Students will demonstrate facility in the logic and reasoning of social research and strategies of data collection and data analysis.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to integrate theory and methods in a research study.