Multiliteracies and Multimodal Communication in ESL/EFL Instruction
About the Workshop
This three-day intensive workshop covers theoretical aspects of multiliteracies, TESOL teaching methods that include multiliteracies and multimodal communication, and discusses the benefits and challenges of this approach in ESL/EFL instruction. After the workshop concludes, participants taking the 3-credit option will complete a final multimodal project while having additional meetings with an instructor of record in class, individually, and online.
- Instructional component (all credit options):
- Friday-Sunday, July 12-14, 9am - 5pm
- Follow-up component (3-credit option only):
- In-class meetings: Friday, July 19 and Friday, August 16, 5:30 - 8:15pm
- Independent work and individual meetings: July 20 - August 15