Master's International Program Requirements
The Master's International Program consists of a total of 36 credit hours.
Core Courses (27 credit hours):
- TESL-500 Principles of Linguistics
- TESL-501 English Language Teaching I (Prerequisite for TESL-502)
- TESL-502 English Language Teaching II
- TESL-503 Structure of English (Prerequisite: TESL-500)
- TESL-523 Second Language Acquisition
- TESL-527 Cultural Issues in the ESL/EFL classroom or ANTH-537 Topics in Language and Culture
- TESL-531 Language Assessment
- TESL-541 Teaching Grammar or TESL-542 Teaching Pronunciation
- TESL-620 ELT III (waived)
- Three credits of approved TESOL electives
Peace Corps Internship (6 credits):
- TESL-693 Peace Corps Internship. The six credits for this internship will be completed during the Peace Corps service. Tuition is waived.