Language and Area Studies: Japanese/Asia (Minor)
Offered by the Department of World Languages and Cultures, College of Arts and Sciences.
Language and Area Studies
- 24 credit hours with grades of C or better and at least 12 credit hours unique to the minor
- 12 credit hours in the Department of World Languages and Cultures at the 200 level or above, including two courses at the 300 level.
- 12 credit hours selected from an approved list of courses in area studies:
- Courses include those from anthropology (ANTH-xxx), economics (ECON-xxx), history (HIST-xxx), international studies (SIS-xxx), literature (LIT-xxx), or sociology (SOCY-xxx); one 3-credit course must be at the 300 level or above from SIS; one 3-credit course must be from history.
- Areas offered:
- French/Europe, German/Europe, Russian/Area Studies, Spanish/Latin America: see list of approved courses for major in Language and Area Studies, above.
- Italian/Europe, Japanese/Asia: consult LAS degree program advisor for approval of courses for this minor.