The World Languages and Cultures Department supports the growing interest in China and its culture by offering courses ranging from Elementary to Advanced Chinese where the emphasis is to develop all four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. The intermediate and Advanced courses stress better control in pronunciation and grammatical rules and the understanding of the language as an integral part of Chinese living. Technology tools and multimedia resources are integrated and used extensively as part of the language learning environment.
Minor in Chinese Language
- 24 credit hours of courses taught in Chinese with 6 credit hours at the 300 level or above with grades of C or better
- Or a total of eighteen credit hours of courses taught in Chinese at the 300 level or above
- At least 12 credit hours must be unique to the minor
- At least 9 credit hours must be taken in residence at AU (this includes AU Abroad programs)
- CHIN-112 Chinese Elementary I
- CHIN-113 Chinese Elementary II
- CHIN-212 Chinese Intermediate I
- CHIN-213 Chinese Intermediate II
- CHIN-312 Chinese Advanced II
- CHIN-313 Chinese Advanced II
Visit AU Registrar Schedule for current offerings and details.
For More Information
Declaring a minor, please contact Courtney Pollack, 202-885-1452, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Prof. Raphael Zhang, 202-885-2376, email@example.com