The World Languages and Cultures Department offers introductory and intermediate level courses in the Hebrew language. Starting with the introductory courses, the teaching blends vocabulary acquisition, basic grammatical structures, syntax as applied in every day life. Conversation skills and reading comprehension are the mainstay of both the introductory and the intermediate levels. A diversity of culturally relevant materials such as books, handouts and audiovisual tools are used extensively throughout the courses. The cultural context uses examples of present day life in Israel.
- HEBR-116 Hebrew Elementary Modern I
- HEBR-117 Hebrew Elementary Modern II
- HEBR-216 Hebrew Intermediate Modern I
- HEBR-217 Hebrew Intermediate Modern II
- HEBR-316 Hebrew Advanced Modern I
- HEBR-317 Hebrew Advanced Modern II
Please see AU Registrar for current offerings.