Thank you for your interest in being a Commencement Staff Volunteer! This special weekend would not be possible without volunteers like you!
Commencement Weekend Schedule
Saturday, May 12
- 9 a.m. School of Communication Ceremony
- 1:30 p.m. Kogod School of Business Ceremony
- 6 p.m. School of International Service Ceremony
Sunday, May 13
- 10 a.m. School of Public Affairs Ceremony
- 2:30 p.m. College of Arts and Sciences Ceremony
Volunteer opportunities are open to all full-time exempt employees. Staff volunteers will assist the school marshals in lining up graduates, leading the processional into the arena, assisting with individual recognition when graduates cross the stage, leading the recessional, greeting guests, and answering general questions.
For training and efficiency purposes, we would greatly appreciate it if staff would volunteer for at least two or three ceremonies.
For staff in the academic units who wish to volunteer, please contact your school/college commencement coordinator.
Benefits of Volunteering
When you help make commencement weekend special for our students and families, you will receive the following benefits:
- Volunteers working two or more ceremonies, will receive an alternative day off to be used during the month of May*
- Meals throughout the day
- Invitation to the Thank You Reception on Wednesday, May 30, 2018
- 2018 Commencement Pin
* The alternative day off benefit is available to exempt employees whose regular job responsibilities do not include commencement. Time off should be scheduled so as not to disrupt normal work activities and must be approved by the volunteer's immediate supervisor.
Please complete the following form to sign up to volunteer at Spring Commencement 2018.
Commencement Staff Volunteers are invited to attend the Thank You event on Wednesday, May 30.