Washington College of Law Commencement
- Ceremony: Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Reception: Friedheim Quadrangle (rain site: University Club, Mary Graydon Center)
- Bender Arena floor plan
WCL graduates wishing to apply for graduation, should complete the online form and submit it to the WCL Registrar's Office.
For additional information regarding the WCL commencement ceremony, go to the WCL website.
Harold Hongju Koh, former legal advisor to the U.S. Department of State, will speak at the Washington College of Law ceremony at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 19. Koh, a Sterling Professor of International Law at Yale Law School, is one of the country’s leading experts in public and private international law, national security law, and human rights. He will receive an honorary doctor of laws.
Past WCL Commencement Speakers
- The Honorable Eric H. Holder, Jr., U.S. attorney general
- The Honorable Seth P. Waxman, partner, Wilmer Hale; former U.S. Solicitor General
- The Honorable Stephen G. Breyer, associate justice, U.S. Supreme Court
- The Honorable Mary L. Landrieu, U.S. senator
- The Honorable Vanessa Ruiz, judge, District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Aryeh Neier, president, Open Society Institute
- The Honorable Gerald Bruce Lee, judge, U.S. District Court
- Elaine R. Jones, president and director-counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- The Honorable Robert Byrd, JD '63, former U.S. senator
- Ed Tapscott, JD '80, former AU basketball coach, former interim Washington Wizards head coach
- Joe Johns, JD, Emmy Award winning CNN correspondent
- The Honorable Rick Lazio, JD, former U.S. representative