Update for Students Participating in the Fall Commencement Ceremony on Sunday, December 17
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from American University! This is to confirm that we received your regalia rental order for commencement on December 17.
There are three important documents attached to this email:
- Regalia Confirmation and Update: Contains information regarding parking passes, regalia distribution, tickets, and details to share with your guests.
- Day-of Instructions for Participants: Contains information about assembling for your ceremony, processional (marching into the Arena), recognition of graduates (crossing the stage), the recessional (leaving Bender Arena), and regalia return.
- Parking and Transportation Instructions and Parking Map for graduates and guests.
In addition, here are a few updates:
- Tickets: Due to our current number of graduates, we are unable to offer additional tickets above the allotted six. Extra tickets may be available during cap and gown distribution if students turn in unwanted tickets. Please inquire when picking up tickets.
- Honors Cords: Undergraduates who are expected to graduate with Latin Honors or University Honors (as of August 2017) should pick up their gold cords during Cap and Gown Distribution to wear during their ceremonies.
- Webcast: We will live-stream each commencement ceremony on the commencement website.
- Social media: #2017AUGrad on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Your tweets and posts will be displayed on the big screens inside Bender Arena before and after your ceremony and on the web.
- Videos and Photo Albums: We will post ceremony highlights a few days after the ceremony on the commencement website.
We look forward to seeing you at our 134th commencement ceremonies on December 17!
This is the fourth and last of a series of email updates that you will receive before commencement. All emails and mailings will be available online. We encourage you to share this information with parents and guests.