The university will select one undergraduate and one graduate student speaker for its Fall Commencement ceremony. Eligible students must have graduated in August 2017 or have been cleared to graduate in December 2017. Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Satisfaction of all degree requirements as of commencement date
- Competitive GPA
- Participation in extracurricular activities on and/or off campus
- Professional experience through jobs and/or internships
Candidates will be asked to submit the following for consideration:
- Short statement explaining why you should be selected
- One-page outline of your proposed speech (speeches should be no longer than 3 minutes)
Each document should be submitted as a PDF, saved as "lastname_firstname.pdf". Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee of representatives from each school and the Office of the President. Selected finalists will be notified the first week of November and asked to submit a full, complete draft of their intended speech and will be required to audition the speech before the committee.
Interested students should contact Andrew Toczydlowski at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Monday, October 16 at 11:59 pm.