In-Class Software Training
The Research Support Group (RSG) supports faculty and student researchers in various ways, including in-class software training sessions. Faculty can coordinate with RSG trainers to design a customized group training session designed to introduce student users to a software package supported by the CTRL Lab. This in-class session demonstrates the application of the product, as well as hands-on experience for the class. Skilled RSG consultants, with experience using the software, lead such training sessions.
Request an in-class software training
Note: Please submit the request for an in-class training session at least 2 weeks before the training date to allow adequate coordination and preparation.
- Submit the request form to the CTRL Lab by email email@example.com or fax x1190.
- Wait for confirmation of receipt from RSG.
- Once a trainer has been assigned, the trainer will contact you directly to confirm details.
Please provide the following information
- Preferred date and time of the training session.
- Software selection (SPSS, STATA, Python, Matlab, E-Views, NVivo, ArcGIS, GoogleEarth)
- Name and contact details for professor or person in charge of class/group.
- Class code
- Number of students or attendees (**essential for booking a lab**).
- Lab reservation request or details. Professors may submit reservations directly to Anderson Computing Complex.
Note: Anderson Computing Complex is in charge of booking all computer labs on the main campus. Some labs may not have the software you need for the training. Therefore, if you need a specific software or specific lab e.g. Hurst lab or SPA lab for the training, please indicate that under Special Instructions.
- Instructions and details for our consultants to plan your training session. The form will guide you, but please be as specific as possible.
- Data for the training or if you will need RSG to provide the data.
Once Anderson Computing Complex books the lab, you will receive an email confirmation from them. Please use that opportunity to verify the accuracy of your reservation.