This spring, CTRL has a special offering: a Noontime Conversations coming up in March. To learn more click here.
The Center for Teaching, Research & Learning sponsors two-three conversational lunches per semester focused on topics of special interest to Faculty. Past Noontime Conversations have included training on Endnote Bibliographic Software, Making Your Own Film as a Learning Tool, and Doing Justice to Ethics in the Classroom. If you have a particular issue you would like to share with faculty in this venue, please contact Anna Olsson, at x6077.
12:00 -1:30 pm | MGC 5: eBooks in Higher Education: Reading Between the Lines
A lower-cost, lightweight, and technologically-savvy alternative to traditional textbooks is eBooks. However, research suggests that digital texts also bring educational challenges. In this Noontime Conversation, we will discuss the current state of eTextbooks in higher education as well as give an overview of how to build an eBook.
CLICK HERE to register for this Noontime Conversation
Previous Noontime Conversation Topics:
- "Learning and the Brain: Cognitive Processes that Underlie Learning" with Daniel Willingham
- "Out of Print" Film by Vivienne Roumani
- "Where's Professor Waldo in the Lands of MOOCs"
- "Connecting the Dots: Aligning Course Content in Undergraduate Curriculum"
- "Teaching with Research"
- "Student Voices: Lessons from Student Survey Data"
- "Another Student Recommendation??*!?"
- "The Art of Teaching - Perils and Pleasures of Pedagogical Interdisciplinarity"
- "Beyond SETs: Continuing the Conversation"
- "Beyond SETs: Brainstorming the Possibilities"
- “Teaching with Research”
- “Can’t Get to Campus? How to Keep Your Class Going Anyway”
- “Food for Thought - Using Gastronomy as an Incentive to Learn”
- “Face time with the Teaching Coach: Tips and Tricks for Better Teaching”
- Valentine's Luncheon: Researching Teaching and Teaching Research"
- "How to Quantify Great Ideas"
- “Facebook Startup - New Classroom Tools”
- "Measures of Good Teaching"
- "Evaluating Capstones, Comps and Significant Research Papers"
- “Greening the Classroom”
See CTRL's Events Calendar for more details on all events.
Audio & video files of previous Noontime Conversations are available on iTunes U.