Guidelines for Secret Shoppers
Remain Anonymous: To get an accurate report on the venues and employees, it is important to remain undetected. Then their behavior will not be altered.
Be Reliable: We are counting on your feedback to make improvements to the venues on campus. Should a situation arise in which you cannot visit the venue(s) requested of you, please notify our office as soon as possible. If you fail to contact us and repeatedly miss assigned venues, we will no longer ask you to be a secret shopper for Auxiliary Services.
Be Accurate: It is important that you report truthfully and in detail on your assigned venue(s). None of the questions may be left blank. Please remember, the more detail you provide, the more valuable the information is to us. Please note names or provide appropriate descriptions of the employees. Comments and rating should coincide.
Be Responsible: The goal of this program is to find out how our food retailers are performing. You will be limited in times you can participate as well as a maximum reimbursement amount. You will be chosen to repeat this service, only if you have filled out evaluations properly, handed in forms on time, remained under set budget, and followed all guidelines set forth within.
- You may participate up to three times per semester (one location per month).
- You will be allowed to pick from a list of selected venues.
- Receipts must be submitted in advance of reimbursement.
- Your survey must be filled out thoroughly in order to qualify for a refund and to be allowed to participate in future secret shopper programs.
- Survey must be returned within 5 business days from which the transaction took place in order to receive reimbursement.
- Auxiliary Services will reimburse up to $15 of your meal.
- Reimbursement is for individual sales only.
- You must be approved for the assignment in order to receive reimbursement.
Terms and Conditions
American University (“University”) is pleased to have you as a Secret Shopper. The purpose of this Agreement is to assure that you have a clear understanding of the terms and conditions of your secret shopping activities at the University. As a Secret Shopper, you will be expected to agree to the following:
- You understand and agree to abide by the University’s policies and the Secret Shopper Guidelines and Rules set forth by the Eagle Eyes program, a copy you hereby acknowledged you received and is hereby incorporated by reference.
- I understand and accept the reimbursement policy in the Guidelines and Rules and will perform all activities necessary to receive reimbursement. Except for the reimbursement of your meal, you will not receive any wage, salary, benefits or other compensation in return for your secret shopping service and that you may terminate your secret shopping service at any time. You will not be considered under this Agreement as having employee status or be extended coverage under unemployment and Workers' Compensation insurance, or be entitled to participate in any plans, arrangements or distributions by the University pertaining to or in connection with any pension, bonus or similar benefit plans.
- The University may terminate this Agreement at any time without prior notice.
- You understand that you may not act for, represent, or bind the University in any manner.
- You warrant that you have health and medical insurance. Upon request, you agree to provide proof of such insurance.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the University from any and all loss or damage to persons or property which the University, its employees, its students, or other parties may suffer on account of any accident or occurrence related to this Agreement. In consideration of the mutual agreements set forth in this Agreement, you agree to relieve, acquit, and forever discharge the University of and from any and all actions, courses of action, claims, demands, and damages on account of, or in any way growing out of any accident or occurrence transpiring during and under the terms of this Agreement, unless it is established that such accidents arose out of the negligent acts of the University, its agents or employees.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia.
- This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the University and the Volunteer and no terms may be modified or waived except by the mutual written consent of both the University and the Volunteer.
By digitally signing and clicking the "submit" button, you acknowledge that you have read this Agreement, that you understand the terms and conditions therein, and that you agree to abide by them.
This program is run by Auxiliary Services. Please direct all inquires and correspondence to email@example.com. If you choose to participate, please fill out the online application.