University Budget Timeline of Key Milestones
Fiscal Years 2016 and 2017
September - October
- President appoints University Budget Committee (UBC), co-chaired by provost and CFO, vice president and treasurer.
- Provost formulates undergraduate and graduate enrollment projections.
- Faculty Senate reviews and recommends instructional budget to the provost.
- UBC recommends budget development guidelines to the president.
- President presents budget criteria to the Board of Trustees (BOT) Finance and Investment Committee.
- Provost and CFO, vice president and treasurer lead budget meetings with the campus community.
- President issues budget call to President’s Cabinet.
- Members of the President’s Cabinet submit budget proposals to the president.
January - February
- University Budget Office submits summary of budget proposals to the president and UBC.
- UBC reviews budget proposals and submits a set of
- President consults with the President’s Cabinet.
- President presents proposed budget to the BOT Finance and Investment Committee.
- Full BOT reviews and adopts the FY2016-17 budget.
- Approved budget summary is published for the campus community.
- Units submit revised budgets to the provost and vice presidents to reflect approved budget allocations.
- Line-item budgets are sent to units for the new budget year that begins May 1, 2015.