American University preferred travel agency is World Travel, Inc.
World Travel is ranked the fourth largest independently-owned, U.S.-based travel management company by BTN Magazine in 2012. World Travel's focus is mid-market clients - those with annual travel expenditures between $100,000 and $30 million.
For its American University clients, World Travel offers:
- Online Travel tool for all airlines including Southwest, Jet Blue, and other independent carriers;
- Continuous automated quality control system that reviews university travelers' reservations for lower fares, better seat assignments, and upgrades;
- Ability to purchase airline tickets that can be changed and/or voided within 24 hours of purchase at no charge;
- 24-hour reservation call center owned and operated by World Travel, with no extra charge for using the service after normal business hours;
- Guaranteed lowest airfare. World Travel will credit the traveler double the difference in price if the same route can be found at a lower price;
- Ability to assist in making hotel and car reservations; and
- Customized departmental reports.
Prior to using World Travel, AU employees need to fill out a travel profile at the AU Travel Portal.
Please see the travel agency comparison document that shows the benefits of using World Travel.
If you have any questions regarding the travel program or World Travel, contact Bill Walters at x2023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.