The Energy and Engineering (E&E) unit was formed in September of 2011 to ensure three primary goals and to support AU's Climate Commitment to become carbon-neutral by the year 2020.
- Operate and maintain safe and reliable utility services for campus facilities
- Drive the University towards intelligent and sustainable energy usage
- Promote awareness of engineering requirements and decision making based on facility life cycle costs
Energy and Engineering is a highly diverse and technical team over 30 employees strong. Within Energy and Engineering there are four distinct functional teams.
- Central Plant Operations
- Electrical and Life Safety
- Building Automation and Energy Management
In line with our goal to promote engineering requirements and life-cycle cost decision making, the E&E team oversees the University Design and Construction Standards Committee.