FAQ for Timesheets and Leave Reports
1. I have just started working at AU but I am not able to see any timesheets. Why? When will I have a timesheet online?
Most likely you have not yet been set up in the Colleague system. Once you have been added to the Colleague system, you will be able to access your timesheets through HR/Payroll Connection located on the myau.american.edu portal.
2. I started work before the payroll period ended but my paperwork was not processed before the period ended. Thus a timesheet for the period was not created online. What do I do to report the hours I worked?
You will need to print a paper timesheet from the Info/Forms—> Payroll tab located in HR/Payroll Connection on myau.american.edu. Then complete all sections, sign and have your supervisor authorize your timesheet. Then send it to the Payroll office for processing.
3. I am a Biweekly employee. How do I know when is my timesheet due.
The Payroll Office generates a schedule for employees each semester which can be seen by clicking on the calendar located to the right. Typically Biweekly timesheets are due on the Monday after the period ends unless there is a holiday that shortens the payroll processing schedule. Please review the schedule for details.
4. I have trying to enter time on my timesheet. Each time I press enter the time I entered disappears. What should I do?
Contact the Payroll Office as soon as possible so we can correct the problem.
5. I am a monthly staff member. Do I have to submit a timesheet?
You are only required to report your leave hours used. You will need to sign a leave report each month and have your supervisor approve it.