Paper Timesheets or Leave Reports
Paper timesheets or leave reports should only be used for the following reasons:
- When an employee is hired during the payroll period but not set up in
Colleague until after the pay period end date has passed.
- When time was worked but not reported by due date on the e-timesheet. A
timesheet must be completed, signed by the Supervisor and turned into the
Payroll Office for processing.
- When a system problems occurs that inhibits the timesheet processing. If
problem occurs, the staff member or supervisor should contact the Payroll
office for assistance.
- When a staff member transfers to a new job/position during the payroll cycle.
One timesheet must be paper and the other can be electronic.
Paper timesheets or leave reports can be printed from HR/Payroll Connection. Click on Info/Forms then on Payroll. Go down the list of forms until you find the desired form.
Submitting a paper timesheet or leave report follows the same steps as with the electronic form. Staff are responsible for entering their hours worked and leave taken for each work day of the period. Additionally, the staff member must be sure to complete the informational area with the appropriate data.
Information needed to process a paper timesheet is as follows:
- AU ID
- Position number (when possible)
- Pay Station = Department
- Title = Job title for job such as "Part Time Student"
- Pay Class (MO = monthly, BW35, BW40, BW28 = Biweekly full time types,
BWST = Biweekly Part Time student types) when available.
At the end of the pay cycle staff members should sign their timesheet or leave report and then give their form to their supervisor for approval. Note: A supervisor must authorize the timesheet or leave report before it can be processed in the payroll.