Beginning February 2012, AU will begin paying all employees electronically via Direct Deposit or via TotalPay® Card. We are going paperless as part of our on-going effort to implement sustainable practices.
The information below describes our current policies and procedures.
Paychecks and Direct Deposit
All university faculty, staff and student workers are paid either by check or direct deposit.
Employees receiving a paycheck:
- Will have paycheck delivered to their department
- Can elect to have check mailed to their home or
- Can elect to pick up check at the Payroll Office
Checks that cannot be delivered to their department are returned to Payroll for pickup.
All Faculty, staff and student employees are encouraged to participate in AU's direct deposit program as part of the university's 100 percent direct deposit initiative. Faculty, staff and student employees can:
- Deposit to any financial institution in the United States.
- Elect to have deposits into as many as three (3) accounts such as a checking account, a savings account, a money market account, or an IRA account.
- Conveniently sign up for direct deposit online through the AU
web portal's HR/Payroll Connection. Click on the
Payroll –> General Direct Deposit section and you will automatically
be notified when your direct deposit will become effective.
Electronic pay advices (e-pay advices) for either checks or direct deposit are available through the AU web portal's "Payroll Connection". Click on the tab for Payroll –> Pay Advices. Employees can review their e-pay advices for both current and prior pay periods.
Each semester, the Payroll Office issues a payroll schedule that provides the deadlines for submitting hiring action forms, changes to employee data, e-timesheets, and the pay dates. Please click on the link to the right to view the current schedule.
For more information go to desired category below: