How to Enroll in the Payment Plan
There is no payment plan available for the summer term.
Please check back for updates and options regarding the Fall 2014 term.
Complete all three sections of your application.
- Under Contact Information provide student and bill payer information
- Under Determine Your Payment Plan - calculate your monthly payment and select your payment plan option
- Under Signature Information – sign your application.
Please submit your signed (student and bill payer signature required) payment plan application by one of the following methods:
American University – Student Accounts
Attn: American Payment Plan (APP)
4400 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016-8073
Email to: SA@american.edu
- Print your completed PDF-application
- Sign your application (student and bill payer signature required)
- Scan a copy of your signed application
- Submit the scanned copy of your application, as an attachment, by email (Subject line should read APP Completed Application with the student name and ID number. For example: "APP Completed Application, Clawed Eagle, 9876543).
Fax application: (202) 885-1139.
Please note that applications must be signed by both the Student and Bill Payer.
Submit your first payment by the due date listed. Please see the Make A Payment section for payment options.
Once enrolled, monthly payment reminders will be sent electronically to the student’s AU email address. Statements will not be mailed, but can be viewed 24/7 through Student Portal by accessing Eagle Finance.
For answers to frequently asked questions, please visit our FAQ page.
Fall 2014 application coming soon.