- What plans are available?
- What happens if I do not indicate an option on my application?
- Where can I find my current balance due for the application?
- The Financial Aid listed on my portal is not what I was expecting. What should I do?
- What about my outside loans or scholarships?
- Where can I see the details of my payment plan online?
- Can I change my budget amount?
- How can a third party view my bill?
- How can a third party make a payment towards my payment plan?
- Is there a summer payment plan option?
- How can I terminate my enrollment in the plan?
- How can I submit my payment plan application?
- Whom do I contact if I have a question regarding my statement?
You must choose your payment plan option based on the enrollment period.
Enrollment Period One: Applications Received by July 25, 2013
5-months: Payments due Aug-1 through Dec-1
4-months: Payments due Aug-1 through Nov-1
3-months: Payments due Aug-1 through Oct-1
2-months: Payments due Aug-1 through Sept-1
Enrollment Period Two: Applications Received Between July 26-Aug. 15, 2013
4-months: Payments due Sept-1 through Dec-1
3-months: Payments due Sept-1 through Nov-1
2-months: Payments due Sept-1 through Oct-1
Enrollment Period Three: Applications Received Between Aug. 16-Sept. 15, 2013
3-months: Payments due Oct-1 through Dec-1
2-months: Payments due Oct-1 through Nov-1
Applications will be processed according to the enrollment period in which they are received. We reserve the right to assign a plan if an application is received outside the enrollment period for the plan indicated. No applications will be accepted after September 15.
If no plan is indicated on your application, you will be enrolled automatically in the plan available (based on enrollment period) with the highest number of installments.
Your current balance due is available 24 hours a day on your Eagle Finance statement, or the Account Activity tab of your student Eagle Finance portal.
In addition, you can find your current balance listed as the "Amount Due" on the paper bill.
This balance reflects any Federal loans and/or AU grants and scholarships which were part of your award package and have been accepted.
Outside scholarships and private loans will be deducted from your balance due upon receipt from the outside institution.
Please note Federal Work Study is paid directly to the student and will not be reflected in this balance. Federal Work Study should not be included in APP calculations.
If you are expecting financial aid that is not reflected on your student account, logon to your student portal (myAU.american.edu), select the financial aid links and open the MyDocs Page for further information regarding your financial aid.
Outside loans and scholarships will not be reflected on your account until payment is received. However, expected outside loans and scholarships still can be included in payment plan calculations.
You can review your account and access a PDF bill on your student portal (myAU.american.edu). Under your Personalized Links, select Finances and then select Eagle Finance. On the Account Activity tab select View Payment Plans. This will open the Plan Information and Plan Schedule.
You may change your budget amount one time by submitting a written request to SA@american.edu from the student's AU assigned e-mail address. Please title e-mail: "APP Adjustment Request." American University reserves the right to adjust amounts indicated on applications as necessary to ensure the accuracy of participant installment amounts.
Per FERPA regulations, students must consent to release a record to a third party. Students can access PDF copies of their statements 24 hours a day and e-mail them to any interested parties.
Online payment plan payments may only be made through the Student Portal by accessing Eagle Finance.
Third Party Individuals should mail check payments to:
American University – Student AccountsAttn: American Payment Plan (APP)4400 Massachusetts Ave, NWWashington, DC 20016-8073
Please write the student AU ID number and name on the check.
American University does not have a payment plan for the summer term. All payments are due in full by May 1st or at the time of registration.
You can terminate your enrollment in the payment plan at any time by e-mailing SA@american.edu. Please note, if your account is not paid in full when your plan is terminated, the balance will be subject to 1% finance charges per university guidelines.
Please submit your signed (student and bill payer signature required) payment plan application by one of the following methods:
American University – Student AccountsAttn: American Payment Plan (APP)4400 Massachusetts Ave NWWashington, DC 20016-8073
Email to: SA@american.edu
- Print your completed PDF-application
- Sign your application (student and bill payer signature required)
- Scan a copy of your signed application
- Submit the scanned copy of your application as an attachment by email (Subject line should read APP Completed Application).
Fax application to (202) 885-1139.
Please note that applications must be signed by both the Student and Bill Payer.
Please follow the links to the appropriate offices for questions regarding:
- Financial Aid and Registration: AU Central
- Waiving your Health Insurance: Student Health Center
- Housing and Meal Plan charges and adjustments: Housing & Dining Programs
- Parking Passes: Public Safety - Parking and Traffic Services
- Study Abroad program fees: AU Abroad
- Not sure who to contact? Email AU Central