Institutional aid is not available for the summer sessions. However, you can apply for federal aid by completing the following steps. Please note that any federal aid awarded for the summer may impact eligibility for spring 2015 aid.
- Complete the 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete the AU Summer Aid Application. This application will be available on this page beginning April 1, 2015.
- Complete any additional documents listed on the portal under the "Financial Aid: My Documents" Web page.
- Enroll on at least a half-time basis to be eligible for federal student loans. Half time during the summer session is defined as 6 credits for undergraduate enrollment and 2 credits for graduate enrollment.
- If needed, you may submit either a Parent PLUS (undergraduates) or Graduate PLUS (graduates) application online for additional federal loan funds to help you meet your educational expenses.
You will be notified of your summer awards in April via the student portal. Please contact our office should you have any questions.
To be eligible for summer financial aid, you must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Once spring semester grades are available at the end of May, your SAP status will be reviewed. If you are failing SAP at that time, your aid for the summer will be canceled.
Summer Aid Application
The 2015 Summer Aid Application can be accessed here.