Introducing AU's new Insurance Program
The American University Alumni Association is excited to introduce the Alumni Insurance Program!
Launched in May via a partnership with Meyer and Associates, the program provides the opportunity for AU alumni to protect themselves, their families, and their assets. Millions of Americans are without health insurance and new graduates are especially affected for several reasons:
· Coverage through school ends soon after graduation. American University’s student health insurance ends on August 20, 2013.
· Insurance through a new job sometimes doesn’t begin until several months after the start of employment and many jobs don’t offer health insurance.
Through the Alumni Insurance Program, alumni can feel confident that they are protected.
The American University Alumni Insurance Program includes a range of insurance products at great rates, including:
· Long Term Care insurance
· Health Insurance (Short Term Medical and Permanent Medical)
· Travel insurance
· Pet insurance
· Life insurance
· Small Business insurance
The program also provides additional resources, such as complimentary and confidential advisory services to assist those who have unusual circumstances or who are unsure of their insurance needs.
Perhaps the greatest asset of the Alumni Insurance Program is that it aims to improve the lives of AU alumni and their families. While many employers are cutting benefits during these difficult economic times, American University is committed to servicing the university family both during and beyond graduation. Moreover, although the Health Care Reform Act mandates coverage for children on a parent’s policy until age 26*, even if they’re no longer students, there are several disadvantages to this route:
· Coverage on a parent’s policy may be expensive.
· New graduates may live in areas without network access to their parent’s plan.
· Parental coverage is not an option for all new grads.
With the Alumni Insurance Program, you will have cost-effective and flexible health insurance options tailored to your needs. Living without insurance is risky, so be sure to take advantage of this new benefit!
For information on the full range of alumni benefits and services, as well as other alumni-related events and opportunities, please be sure to visit the American University Alumni page.
For additional information on how you can take advantage of the insurance benefit, please be sure to visit the American University Alumni deals page.
* Age 28 in Ohio; age 29 in New York; age 30 in Florida, Nebraska, and New Jersey